1. When is the trip?
Thursday March 23th thru Saturday March 25, 2017.
2. When and where do we board the buses?
Deluxe motor coaches leave from Mark Twain after period 2. Arrive at school for Regular 8:00 am start.
3. When and where do we return?
Buses will arrive back at Mark Twain on Saturday afternoon. We do not have an exact time yet. We will provide that information as soon as we finalize the itinerary. We also have the students call as we get close to home.
4. What is the student to teacher ration for the trip?
There is one teacher for every 10 students.
5. What are the accommodations? Pine Grove Dude Ranch.
6. How many students to a room? FOUR to a room.
7. How are the boys and girls separated? Either separated by floors or separate corridors.
8. How do you make sure the students stay in their rooms all night? Private security will patrol the hallways overnight.
9. How are the students supervised during the day? The students will have designated check-in times and places. Attendance is taken throughout the weekend.
10. Should my child bring electronics on the trip? No. Only a cell phone and charger.
11. Can my child take his or her medication on the trip? Yes. However, it must be self-administered. Teachers and supervisors cannot handle or administer any medication to any student.
12. What should my child pack? Clothes for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Pajamas. A winter jacket, hat, gloves, boots, sneakers, toiletries. (travel size only), extra contacts and solution, glasses, spending money to purchase souvenirs. 13. There is an additional charge for paint ball. The cost is $35.00 per student. All safety equipment is included. Each student who wishes sign up for paintball and/or horseback riding must have a signed waiver. I will send forms home before the trip. The students must have the signed forms with them on the bus. A representative from Pine Grove will collect the waivers and keep them on file. If there is no waiver on file students will not be able to participate in that activity.
14. Parents can contact students throughout the weekend via cell phone.
15. Please adhere to the pick up time on Saturday afternoon. We will have the students call as we get close to Brooklyn.
16. The tour company we use is Richmond Tours in Staten Island. (718) 979-3111. 17. Please visit the Pine Grove website.
18. Will the student’s bags be checked?
Yes. Before we board the buses.
19. Is there a pool at the site? Yes. Under no circumstances will the students be permitted in the pool area. NO SWIMMING DURING THE WEEKEND.
20. Can my child be removed from the overnight trip? Yes. If any serious disciplinary incident or violation of the discipline code occurs before the trip, a student may be removed from the trip. Safety is our first concern. In addition, general misconduct, failure to follow directions, inconsistent behavior, irresponsibility and disrespectful attitude may also be cause for removal from the trip.PINE GROVE DUDE RANCH30 CHERRYTOWN ROADKERHONKSON, NY 12446(845) 626-7345TOUR COMPANYRICHMOND TOURS(718) 979-3111CHECK THE SCHOOL WEBSITE FOR UPDATES DURING THE WEEKEND
PINE GROVE REQUIRES SIGNED WAIVERS FOR PAINT BALL AND HORSEBACK RIDING. WITHOUT THE WAIVERS STUDENTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTIVITY. EACH STUDENT MUST HAVE THE WAIVERS WITH THEM THE MORNING OF THE TRIP.*I have collected permission slips and paintball payments from many students. If they did not bring in the slips or payment last week they will have to sign up at Pine Grove. They must bring cash, as Roadrunner will not accept personal checks. They must also have the signed permission slips. The company is very strict about this policy as well as their safety policy. Electronic or phone permission will not be accepted.At this point the trip has been finalized. I cannot make changes. I am waiting on actual room numbers and an itinerary. I will pass that information along as soon as I receive it.