High School News
September 20, 2016
Attention 8th Graders and Parents/Guardians,
On Thursday, October 6th, at 5 PM, Ms. Lipschik and Ms. Ganbaatar (aka Ms. Deggy) will present the high school information workshop for you and your parents. Following the workshop, at 6 PM, Mark Twain will host its annual High School Fair in the student cafeteria. We encourage everyone to attend and meet representatives from various high schools (we will be sending the flyer once the high schools confirm their attendance). Ms. Ganbaatar will also be doing classroom presentations in your ID classes about the high school application process and the Specialized High Schools.
If you have any questions or concerns, please come to Room 208 (everyday) or Room 108 (Tues, Wed, Thurs) during Lunch.
We expect everyone’s cooperation and communication throughout the entire process. Our goal is 100% acceptance!
Use these resources:
- Specialized High Schools Information and Open House dates:
- 2017 Specialized High School Student Handbook:
- Specialized High School Workshop Packet:
- Citywide and Borough High School Fair:
- High School Fair Plan Ahead Guide:
- 2017 High School Directory:
- NYC school finder- it is an excellent tool to explore choices for your High School Application!:
- Family Workshop Power Point Presentation:
- Visual and Performing Arts High Schools: Preparing your auditions/ Art Portfolio:
- A Guide for Families of Students with Disabilities: